Rates and Services for Authors
- 1 round of going through your manuscript
- Marking errors in spelling, grammar, typos, capitalization, punctuation, and spacing
- Final review before publishing- manuscript should be completely ready for publication
- Depending on length, proofreading could take up to a week
- 2 rounds of going through your manuscript
- Marking errors and inconsistencies in syntax, plot, setting, characters, font, graphics, rules, along with spelling, grammar, typos, capitalization, punctuation, and spacing
- Second-to-last review to make sure everything is consistent, cohesive, and complete
- More time-consuming than proofreading so could take up 1- 2 weeks to complete
- 4 rounds of going through your manuscript
- Guidance in story development, character refining, filling plot holes, scene tightening, world construction, and pacing/conflict/tension considerations.
- Next step after you write the book
- Lengthy process could take up to 4 weeks
- I proof books, ebooks, and websites for adults, young adults, and children in historical fiction, Christian fiction, biographies, romance, science fiction, fantasy, paranormal, mystery, and many other genres. I do not do erotica.
- A page is considered 250 words per page, double-spaced, 12-point font.
- Minimum charge is $30 (approximately 8 pages or 2000 words).
- Please contact me first using my contact form and before sending your document so that I can determine if I can fit your manuscript into my schedule. Please include the title, genre/category, word or page count, and a summary (query letter summary is fine).
- Turnaround times are based on the day the manuscript is emailed to me and calculated in business days. I will accept jobs on Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays but the turnaround time starts the next business day.
- Work is returned with changes marked either in MS Word Track Changes or Google Docs Suggestions so that you can approve them.
- 50% payment is due at the beginning and 50% is due upon completion.
- Projects will be billed immediately, and payment is due upon receipt. Payment can be made by PayPal to the email address provided on your invoice. Invoices paid within 7 days of completion will receive a 5% discount. Invoices not paid within 30 days of completion are subject to a 10% late charge added for every 30 days past the completion day.